You can also view this information on our Calendar page!
Microservices? Cloud? Cloud-Native Development? We hear them often and they are everywhere in the industry these days. What are they? What’s the deal with them? What are they for and why should you care? If you are interested or simply curious about any of these, come and join us. In this workshop, we will attempt to demystify and offer you a practitioner’s perspective on what they are and why do they matter. You will have a chance to get your hands dirty and build your first Java microservice as well as to dive deeper into various aspects of microservices too!
Date: Monday Oct. 5th, 6PM to 8PM
Please sign this Google Form before Sept. 28th if you plan on attending the Workshop: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ki9IGH5YourFs7-RNNmgyP_EXizGG7XviOlK8OpwpnY
- Laptop with a modern browser (Chrome or Firefox is recommended)
- A Java 8 or higher JDK (e.g. https://adoptopenjdk.net/?jvmVariant=openj9)
- Apache Maven 3.5.4 or later (https://maven.apache.org/download.cgi). Older versions may not work.
- A git client (https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2/Getting-Started-Installing-Git)
- An editor with Java support (e.g. VS Code, IntelliJ, Eclipse)
Review the Webex Training help for attendees: https://ibm.box.com/s/fuab4to64zzyemxg0fmz5viqp4lo1c0e
To join the training session
- Go to https://ibm.webex.com/ibm/j.php?MTID=ma4e84f590a93b2f324f1b9307afb58f5
- Enter your name and email address.
- Enter the session password: Password will be provided to you once the form has been filled out!
- Click “Join Now”.
- Follow the instructions that appear on your screen.
To join the session by phone only
To receive a call back, provide your phone number when you join the training session, or call the number below and enter the access code. United States Toll Free:1-844-531-0958 United States Toll:1-669-234-1178 Global call-in numbers Toll-free calling restrictions Meeting number (Access code): 145 644 5844